Friday, October 14, 2011

Emily Lovejoy


Hailing from Lexington, KY, Emily Lovejoy, a junior at the University of Mississippi, has made a significant impact on greek sorority Tri Delta's national philanthropy. Lovejoy was an active member of several clubs in high school, and now being the Tri Delta Philanthropy Chairman is just another to addition to the list. Tri Delta's philanthropy is working together with St. Jude Hospital, and Lovejoy recently received the Tri Delta Philanthropy Chairman of the Year.
“I really wanted to get involved in Tri Delt and to have a leadership title. I love St. Jude, so I figured what a perfect way to get upclose and do more to try and help the families and raise more money for them,” Lovejoy said.
Members of Tri Delt are confident Lovejoy is dedicated to St. Jude and that she has made a significant impact.
“I was in shock when I got the phone call from Helen, our chapter advisor when she told me I won the award, but so happy. I don't necessarily think I deserve this award. I just wanted to do more to help St. Jude and remind our chapter what Tri Delta is all about,” Lovejoy said.
Lovejoy took the time and planned a chapter retreat to St. Jude Hospital in Memphis last spring. This being the first visit for any Tri Delta chapter.
“I have never heard more rave reviews about a Tri Delta function. I have had girls coming to me begging for another visit and asking what more they can do to help. It has truly been a blessing to see how inspiring this trip has been to so many people. It was a stressful trip to plan but it was so worth it,” Lovejoy said.

Natalie Vermillion, a sophmore Tri Delta, also commented on Lovejoy's positive impact. “Emily is seriously the best Philanthropy Chairman. She is so sweet and does anything she can to help people. I am so proud of her she got the award. All of her hard work paid off and got noticed.”
"It's an honor for me to work for St. Jude and meet all the wonderful people I have met. As much as we have changed their lives, they've changed ours. We are so fortunate to live as close to Memphis as we do so now we can plan more trips to St. Jude," Lovejoy said.

Chi chapter was nominated for Most Improved Chapter and Rookie of the Year. Helen Baker, Chapter Advisor for Tri Delta at Ole Miss commented, “Emily Lovejoy has turned this program around completely. There is nobody better to give this award to than her. She is organizing so many more events to raise money for St. Jude. She is the best for the job.”

No comments:

Post a Comment