Thursday, September 22, 2011

An Interview with Brooke Fratesi

Brooke Fratesi is a freshman cheerleader for the Ole Miss Rebels. The theme of this interview is see what it is like to be an Ole Miss cheerleader and what it takes to be one. The interview took place in my home on September 22. Brooke is a good friend of mine and it seemed to be a good place for the interview. Brooke's best quote to me was, "It was a very intimidating coming to try-outs, being from such a small school. It took a lot of hard work and dedication to come up here weekly as a senior in high school, and to get private lessons on stunting. I definitely would not have made the team if I had not done this." I loved this response because it show how passionate and dedicated she is to what she does. You also don't have to come from a big school to get recognized, yet it is the will you have to succeed.

Q:What made you decide to cheer at Ole Miss?

A:It has always been my dream to be a college cheerleader. I chose Ole Miss because it is a great school with a very strong cheer leading program.


Q:How tough was it to make, not only the cheer squad, but the varsity team?

A:It was a very intimidating coming to try-outs, being from such a small school. It took a lot of hard work and dedication to come up here weekly as a senior in high school, and to get private lessons on stunting. I definitely would not have made the team if I had not done this. As for making varsity, it was definitely a big struggle. I was on JV for summer camp, but after continually coming up to Oxford during the summer for our optional practices, I greatly improved and moved up to varsity by the end of the summer.

Q:What are the good and bad things about being an Ole Miss cheerleader?

A:I love being on the field at football games. It is a fun and exciting experience that I have always dreamed of. I love cheering itself because it is always exciting to learn a new skill and improve. However it is tough managing my time around practices and every thing else we do.

Q:What goals would you like to succeed in your future as an Ole Miss cheerleader?

A:I have never had the opportunity to go to nationals, so hopefully I will get the opportunity to go with the Ole Miss team.

No comments:

Post a Comment